We believe sweetness comes naturally from the field, technology delivers it.
WE HARVEST OUR
FRUIT ONCE THE
TREE HAS DONE
There are many claimed tricks to make fruit sweeter, We prefer the “Leave It On The Tree Trick”. Only the tree can increase the sweetness (sugar content) of peaches, nectarines, and plums. We harvest our fruit once the tree has done its magic. It’s the technology and handling methods that ensure we deliver the just picked sweet flavor of our fruit every time.
OUR BEST PRACTICES FOR DELIVERING FLAVOR
A process of producing ready-to-eat fruit with high maturity, flavor and quality. Our best practices is the product of a Continual Improvement Process (CIP) utilizing feedback from our staff, R&D and customers. Our goal is to evaluate every process in our production chain and seek improvements toward our goal of great tasting fruit.
FIELD NUTRITION AND HARVESTING
1. Utilize our database of fruit quality and cultural practices to identify field practices that increase flavor.
2. Identify the optimum harvest maturity for flavor and sugar for every variety. Of all the measurements taken on tree fruit, the best indicator of fruit quality is the pressure at which the fruit is harvested. When that number is correct almost all other factors affecting flavor and quality fall into place.
3. We are continuously identifying and improving sustainable orchard, water and resource management practices.
1. Harvest fruit close to the packing facility.
2. Harvest fruit into small picking totes that are directly emptied onto the packing line.
3. Harvest totes are covered from harvest to the packing line.
1. Use packing lines that are designed to handle fruit delicately.
2. Use the latest post harvest procedures to ensure long shelf life.